Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Small Batch: Chocolate Chip (cinnamon?) Cookies

I got a craving for chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. I didn't want to make a lot so I googled "small batch chocolate chip cookies" and this recipe made 10 cookies:
2 T plus 2 t butter room temp
2 T brown sugar
2 T granulated sugar
2 T egg, well beaten
1/4 t vanilla
1/4 cup plus 2 T flour
scant 1/4 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips (not enough in my opinion...throw in a handful more)
Optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon. I absolutely cannot resist adding cinnamon when baking.

Cream the butter and sugars, mix in the eggs and vanilla, stir in the dry ingredients, then the chips. Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes.


I am no baking expert (that's you, Ames) and in my hurry I forgot the baking soda! Explains why the cookies are kind of flat. Somehow they're still good: crispy around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. My only complaint is that they're a little too sweet- try this using less sugar.
Mmm. With a glass of milk.

1 comment: