Thursday, August 6, 2009

eat. eat. sleep. cook (occassionally). eat. itch. sleep. repeat.

Greetings from the West Coast! I said that I probably wouldn't post anything else but my hungry thumb (ha ha..no...) was itching to cook when I made it back to a real kitchen in my house. So here goes!

My first venture of the summer was SPINACH & LENTILS! I ate some of Urooj's mom's and then some of Urooj's and every single time I ate them, I nearly keeled over from excitement...so I decided to try it out and needless to say, I didn't do as good as a job as both of them. (attempting to replicate Urooj's sad rabbit) I did make a tasty dish but I just couldn't replicate the flavor(s). One reason may be that I used minced garlic instead of
chopped garlic and a different type of lentils. Nevertheless, here is a picture of it.




So tasty but not what I expected. I'm going to try to obtain the correct lentils and make this dish until I get it right so that I can feast on fiber-laden lentils all semester long...yay

And here comes dessert! So I made cheesecake from a recipe that I obtained last summer from Jordan/family. Did I succeed? maybe..it was fantastic but not perfect...but then again, cheesecake is one of those things that pretty much needs to be perfect. Here are the pics..


HELLO, HOMEMADE CRUST! (I <3>

Hello, cheesecake that is not quite ready yet but straight out of the oven so that it smells amazing and deserves to have a couple pictures taken of it.

Hello, slice of cheesecake, that will bring me much joy in the next two days (or perhaps less)!

3 comments:

  1. That slice of cheesecake looks amazing. You've got skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive, katlam. i salute your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, thanks for sharing, klam!

    ReplyDelete