Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chai Bars with Honey Ginger Icing

Lebkuchen are my favorite cookies and I wanted to make some today. Never mind that they are supposed to be Christmas cookies...
But since I don't have (or feel like buying) hazelnuts or cocoa powder, I decided to go with another spiced cookie recipe: chai bars with honey ginger icing. All the ingredients are staples in the Boppana kitchen.


I like them, though they're definitely more like cake than cookies.

There are certain spices and flavors that I love: cinnamon, cardamom, honey, cloves and ginger. This recipe managed to incorporate all of them. I've already eaten quite a bit... :-)

2 comments:

  1. nummers! that sounds delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shilpa you are so adorable! ok now i'm going to post something - i have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete