Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Greetings, my pretties! I've so enjoyed reading all of your posts and felt it was probably time for me to get in on the action. I was feeling like chocolate chip cookies a few days ago, so I made some! The recipe is my mother's own, and when I was younger I liked to eat it raw by the spoonful. Now I just use my fingers. No judging!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter, room temp
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. flour
1 c. oats
2 c. chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars. Add all the other stuff in the order listed (roughly). I suggest using an electric mixer for everything up to the chocolate chips, and then stir those in by hand. Bake in 350 degree oven for ~10 minutes (I start checking at 7 and set the timer accordingly). Enjoy!

1 comment: